Our Email: MarFelKitchen@yahoo.com; Mobile: +65 8183 6221

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Tumpeng for Baby First Full Month - May 2012

This Tumpeng was made on 13-May, for a Baby First Full Month Celebration... :)

It came with five dishes (fried chicken, sliced fried egg, spicy veggie salad (urap), sambal goreng kentang udang, and kering tempe), decorated with some beautiful pink rose flowers made from white radish, small tulip flowers made from carrot, a baby pram made from orange skin and some of cucumber flowers.

Initially I didn't have any idea about how to decorate it, as it was our first Tumpeng for baby related occasion. I was thinking to put 2 big swans and one baby swan. But then I thought again..putting baby stuff decoration would be great.

To get the idea, I browsed in youtube about fruit and vegetable carving, and saw people made baby prams using watermelon or honeydew skins. Since the Tumpeng board is not too spacious, I used big orange to substitute the watermelon... :) Luckily, I could get the big oranges in Fair Price Extra, Ang Mo Kio Hub. :)

To made a pram using navel orange.. the difficulty was to take out the inside parts of the orange. But when I re-did again (yeah... I did a trial, as I had bought three oranges), I knew the trick already..so it become much easier.

Even though I did not feel too satisfied with the overall decoration, I relieved when the customer (Yuli) said that the decoration was nice and it tasted good, too.

Thanks Yuli for the order. And we wish you and family (especially to the cute baby girl).. a Happy Baby First Full Month.
May God bless the baby and all of the family members.

Please click here (and scroll down) to see about MarFel's Kitchen Nasi Tumpeng's detail.
Or click here to see our Nasi Tumpeng Album.
Tags: Tumpeng in Singapore, Order Tumpeng in Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment